School councils play a key role in all Victorian government schools. As the governing body, a school council can positively influence the quality of education provided to students in their school.
At Eppalock Primary School we have a very involved and dedicated School Council that works tirelessly for the betterment of the school and all children and families that are part of the school community.
School Council is responsible for;
- Establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school's community
- Participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Developing, reviewing and updating school policies
- Raising funds for school-related purposes
- Approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- Maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities
- Entering into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Reporting annually to the school community and to DET
- Generally stimulating interest in the school in the wider community
Proposed Election Timeline for 2017
Friday 17th February 2017 - Closing date for nominations
Wednesday 23rd February 2017 - The date by which the list of candidates and nominators will be posted.
Friday 25th February 2017 - The date by which ballot papers will be prepared and distributed
Friday 3rd March 2017 - Close of ballot
Monday 6th March 2017 - Vote Count
Wednesday 8th March 2017 – Declaration of poll
Thursday 9th March 2017 – First council meeting to elect office bearers (the Principal will preside)